Photos Poetry Shorts My Tunes Tumblr Twitter Last.fm Ask Follow
Billy Wilder posted at 11:44 PM


You see this image here? It is probably one of the most iconic image in pop culture. 

This photo of Marilyn Monroe with her skirt being blown up originated from an acclaimed classic, The Seven Year Itch. It's so amazing how Film History puts me to analyse Billy Wilder, a name that is a complete stranger to my life. AND BAM! Internet, books and DVDs reveal to me an Austrian Jew who grew up in Germany, but greatly influenced by American cultures. Two of my favourite countries in the world, what up. 

He is also a writer of wit and humour, and revered as an American film realist. An acclaimed writer-director that feels that a film's most important aspect is the storyline. :'). My favourite quote from him has got to be "Let's shoot this bitch and get home" when he was asked about having impressive shots. AH I love this director assigned to me for my Film History Podcast. 


Labels:

A B O U T


My name is Dyan. I'm currently 19 years old.
Delusional story teller + pop culture enthusiast at heart.

♡♡♡♡♡♡





I like Lady Gaga, The Drums, Crystal Castles, Lana Del Rey and Madonna.
I N S T A G R A M

Follow Dernarwal on Instagram
J A M
A S K
M I S C

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket





Follow on Bloglovin


Credits
Layout by mymostloved with base image, brushes and background.