Photos Poetry Shorts My Tunes Tumblr Twitter Last.fm Ask Follow
Monster May posted at 3:12 PM


The deed has been done, the Judas video is out and now we are all left with plenty of questions, judgment to make and the moral obligation.......to liberate ourselves. 

Pretty sure that I've heard the song more than just 337 plays


In the first place, the song Judas, it's about accepting the fact that it is only normal for darkness to coexist in life for you to see the light. 

Many expected the video to be of shocking religious imagery, but here's a fact. Lady Gaga is the same Catholic girl,Stefani Angelina Joanne Germanotta. She believes in God strongly and I don't think exploiting religious imagery is her main factor for her fame. She said it herself, though, that she is obsessed with religious art due to being exposed to 15 years of Catholic education. Judas turned out rather tamed. It was a myriad of colours, dancing, a modern spin on Mary Magdalene's relationship with Jesus and Judas and biker men. 

The video is Gaga's simplest video to comprehend! I have to admit though, my virginal experience of the Judas video was confusing. There are plenty of interpretations to the video but mine is that sometimes in life, you fall in love with the wrong things, but it's part of your destiny. 

My favourite outfit in the video by Christian Lacroix

Like it or not, this is Monster May. Gaga has planned a cultural baptism for the world and we all can clearly see that she has put in a lot of effort. 

"I'm defensive over Lady Gaga because she works so hard"- Laurie Ann Gibson

The same applies to me. Don't you dare speak ill of Gaga if you don't even make an attempt to see her purpose in her art. 




Labels: , ,

A B O U T


My name is Dyan. I'm currently 19 years old.
Delusional story teller + pop culture enthusiast at heart.

♡♡♡♡♡♡





I like Lady Gaga, The Drums, Crystal Castles, Lana Del Rey and Madonna.
I N S T A G R A M

Follow Dernarwal on Instagram
J A M
A S K
M I S C

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket





Follow on Bloglovin


Credits
Layout by mymostloved with base image, brushes and background.