Photos Poetry Shorts My Tunes Tumblr Twitter Last.fm Ask Follow
Yoü and I posted at 6:16 AM



I think I have come to the point of Gaga obsession/love where there are things about this video I clearly dislike and get very upset about but I dismiss those feelings just because:

 "You must love all + every part of me, as must I, for this complex + incomprehensible force to be true."- Lady Gaga
One unpopular opinion I hold is that Jo Calderone is irrelevant. Maybe Gaga tries to push the whole "Oh to find love you must find yourself" as an excuse for Jo Calderone, but I really think we can appreciate this point with the appearances of different versions of Lady Gaga.

I guess the whole video is a metaphor for reflecting on who you are as a person while in love, and  the extents you'd go to keep love alive. The troubles you go through(expressed in the form of experimentations by the sizzling abtastic scientist-surgeon) at different stages of the relationship ultimately make your relationship special and the thing that your lover find you best in(in this case, a mermaid).

It is not the first time Gaga baffles us with a video premiere, and it will probably not be the last. Other than the execution of the storyline and Jo Calderone, I have nothing much to complain(though I felt dismayed at when I first watched the video). The cinematography is breathtaking and she looks out of this world in her corn field nymph get up. I'll give it a 3 out of 5. Gaga has done better.




Labels: ,

A B O U T


My name is Dyan. I'm currently 19 years old.
Delusional story teller + pop culture enthusiast at heart.

♡♡♡♡♡♡





I like Lady Gaga, The Drums, Crystal Castles, Lana Del Rey and Madonna.
I N S T A G R A M

Follow Dernarwal on Instagram
J A M
A S K
M I S C

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket





Follow on Bloglovin


Credits
Layout by mymostloved with base image, brushes and background.