Photos Poetry Shorts My Tunes Tumblr Twitter Last.fm Ask Follow
Eighteen posted at 11:43 PM




Now ladies and gentlemen, first things first, a music video, in which my friends and I got all wet and dirty in it. HEHE. 
Directed by Abdul Rahman, produced by Melissa Chang.
____________________________________________________________________________

 


I wanted to turn 18 for the longest time, really and when I really did three days ago, it was just a very warm feeling to know that very soon I will graduate, get a job, get married and HAVE KIDS. LOL I'M JUST KIDDING. I'm not lying though, turning older does give you that warm fuzzy feeling due to all the special lovin' from your favourite friends. 

Jiahan brought along her film camera and Arin had a DLSR but had no sd card at the moment, thus a terrible photo quality from my phone lulz. 

The party started in the noon of 14th September when Jiahan brought us for tea at this delightful piece of heaven called Smitten, where we spent doing absolutely nothing but drowned ourselves with white, green and black Darjeeling tea and talked about possible scenarios that could happen 10 years down. Amanda and Adzreen then joined our merry company, and we dined on Ryan Gosling's abs and bulge  the visual buffet that is the cleverly written Crazy, Stupid Love. 

RYAN GOSLING X EMMA STONE: Licky licky yum yum

And how else to transition a 17 year old to one that's 18? You take him to his first drink at a bar. 





HEY HO I LOOK SKINNY YO.

We had a ball of time thanks to how coincidences happen everywhere on this little island. Amanda's friend was performing and they decided to dedicate a birthday song for me. The next moment I was up on stage, reluctantly singing Born This Way, (probably the only time I'll be reluctant) being completely shy and all. Thanks guys for the night hahahaha <3

"He likes Lady Gaga? CONFIRM ALREADY."  I might as well just wear a rainbow flag everywhere I go now. 

the downtown gay boys xx 

I spent the last few minutes of being seventeen still stuck in the bus and when I turned 18, a plethora of birthday wishes appeared, my favourite still being "please abstain from cock until I turn 18"(you know who you are).  I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WHO DEDICATED THE TIME TO TYPE A BIRTHDAY WISH :')

_________________________________________________________________________________



 Check out my gap in my two front teeth, they got wider recently and I'm actually quite happy about it. 

The birthday itself was reserved for the former members of the supposed National Youth Drama Squad. We had our flambuoyant fabulous friends Qeera, Habibah, Audrey, Nasri and Daniel come down for some drinks, pizza and a rather mellow evening at Timbre. 


Qeera, if you ever happen to come across this page, I love you babe. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________


And what's a birthday without presents? 



Jiahan, don't need go Cambodia lah. Who's gonna be your fat gay friend there? :( 


Arin's Mixtape :') It should be entitled 'Hipster Bffs' or something. 


and last but not least...

Love you Yong Xiang hehe. 


I really loved the fact that most of the presents I got was DIY. Anyone who's ever received a birthday gift knows how much I love doing people's stuff and it really touched me that for my birthday I had them in return :') But the biggest gift of all was the fact that I've been blessed with great friends and a family, despite conflicting beliefs, have provided me shelter and love. A  strong independent Mum, a Dad whom I know is always there, behind the scenes, keeping me in his prayer. And Gaga of course. 
























A B O U T


My name is Dyan. I'm currently 19 years old.
Delusional story teller + pop culture enthusiast at heart.

♡♡♡♡♡♡





I like Lady Gaga, The Drums, Crystal Castles, Lana Del Rey and Madonna.
I N S T A G R A M

Follow Dernarwal on Instagram
J A M
A S K
M I S C

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket





Follow on Bloglovin


Credits
Layout by mymostloved with base image, brushes and background.