Photos Poetry Shorts My Tunes Tumblr Twitter Last.fm Ask Follow
Pulau Geranting posted at 1:27 AM



Beach House- Auburn And Ivory

There is an island, in the middle of nowhere(somewhere near the Riau Islands, Batam, Indonesia to be exact), uncharted on Google Maps. The island my mum was born and raised in, the island I spent the first two years of my life in and also the island that bore my two sisters Elya and Eka. This island is called Pulau Geranting. Put aside the absence of internet and phone reception, the abundance of mosquitoes and the lack of proper sewage systems, it's actually quite a lovely place to stay.

A place where you can be rather carefree, in all honesty. 




The clock at Batam's Sekupang Ferry Station. 









My paternal grandma listening intently and all











There was this adorable little kittycat that I wanted to take home so badly :( 





Shocked kitty is shocked :O

Tyra gurl, I think this cat sure knows how to smize. 








We also celebrated my aunt's youngest daughter's birthday. 

There's a party...and all the kids are invited!







Geranting Island has got Gaga fever as well. Gaga here, however is, a type of sea plant that can be used to make agar-agar, or jelly. There're Gaga plantations at the back of the island that anyone can visit(think scaled down version of Pulau Ubin's Chek Java minus the preservation, but still breathtaking and worth the walk)

View from my maternal aunt's home 




Fresh seafood right there, yum yum


My hipster maternal Indonesian grandmother lol 

Love her to bits <3 

The visit this time was not too lively though :( Just wished that I had my sisters come down as well. It could've been more...complete. 

Pretty skies over Pulau Geranting. 
A B O U T


My name is Dyan. I'm currently 19 years old.
Delusional story teller + pop culture enthusiast at heart.

♡♡♡♡♡♡





I like Lady Gaga, The Drums, Crystal Castles, Lana Del Rey and Madonna.
I N S T A G R A M

Follow Dernarwal on Instagram
J A M
A S K
M I S C

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket





Follow on Bloglovin


Credits
Layout by mymostloved with base image, brushes and background.